[Newbie]Xvfb on Solaris8 - help wanted

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:16:52 +0100
"Orr, Ian" <igo@weir.co.uk> wrote:

> I have downloaded the Xvfb binary for Solaris8 from the Xfree86 site
> into  /usr/openwin/bin.
>
> When I attempt to run it I get the error message
>
> 		'syntax error at line 1:  '('   unexpected '
>
> Can anyone tell me where I have gone wrong  ??

Looks like it's reading *something* as a configuration file, but it's
not the right configuration file.  Hmmm, the man page doesn't say
anything about a config file.  But since it's an XFree86 server, it
probably borrows most of its code from the other XFree86 servers.  In
fact, I seem to vaguely recall getting that (misleading) syntax error
when I had no config file at all.  Try the Xserver(1) man page.

--
Remember, more computing power was thrown away last week than existed in
the world in 1982.  -- http://www.tom.womack.net/computing/prices.html