[Newbie]Re: [Xpert]Flat panels, timing, and video drivers

Thanks for that info!  I must have misinterpreted the driver status in the
4.2.0 release notes when it said that GeForce2 MX400 is now supported.  I
guess that's different from Flat Panel DVI support?

Any other important facts, tips, or gotchas you can share with me?

I'll give the NVIDIA driver another try, it didn't work when I installed it
using rpm.  I'll try the other install methods.  Is there a known bug with
the rpm way?  Do I need to use the 'Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"' entry in
the Deivce section?

If that doesn't work then I'll give the XFree86 CVS stuff a try with the
'Option "FlatPanel"' entry in the Devie section.  Wow, lots to learn for a
newbie!  ;-)

Helen