Re: RPM for the kernel samples?

On 11/2/2021 4:33 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On 11/2/2021 2:54 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi there, does anyone here know if the samples/bpf directory from the
kernel is built as a part of an RPM from fedora or RHEL/Centos?

It's certainly possible to build it from the existing kernel .spec file:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/blob/rawhide/f/kernel.spec#_1046

I know we have this available as an internal package for RHEL, but I
don't think we ship it anywhere. And it seems like the flag is turned
off for Fedora as well.

What do you need it for? Opening an issue asking for it to be built for
Fedora might be a good start; feel free to Cc me on that as well :)

Hi Toke! thanks!

I'm tired of fighting tooth and nail to get the samples compiled on my
own system whenever I need them. I'd much rather there just be an
already made set of executables.

Right, makes sense. FYI we were discussing moving (some of?) the XDP
samples to xdp-tools[0].

Not a bad idea, as long as compilation and use gets easier.

We use them for testing our driver's functionality for XDP, among
other things.

I don't suppose you have anyone interested in working on an actual XDP
test suite of some kind, would you? Like a set of "compliance tests"
that lives in-tree and that any driver author can run to test their
driver's XDP implementation?

Good idea! I'll ask around ;-)

I'll file a bugzilla.

Great!