Re: RPM for the kernel samples?

Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 11/2/2021 2:54 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Hi there, does anyone here know if the samples/bpf directory from the
>>> kernel is built as a part of an RPM from fedora or RHEL/Centos?
>>
>> It's certainly possible to build it from the existing kernel .spec file:
>>
>> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/blob/rawhide/f/kernel.spec#_1046
>>
>> I know we have this available as an internal package for RHEL, but I
>> don't think we ship it anywhere. And it seems like the flag is turned
>> off for Fedora as well.
>>
>> What do you need it for? Opening an issue asking for it to be built for
>> Fedora might be a good start; feel free to Cc me on that as well :)
>
> Hi Toke! thanks!
>
> I'm tired of fighting tooth and nail to get the samples compiled on my
> own system whenever I need them. I'd much rather there just be an
> already made set of executables.

Right, makes sense. FYI we were discussing moving (some of?) the XDP
samples to xdp-tools[0].

> We use them for testing our driver's functionality for XDP, among
> other things.

I don't suppose you have anyone interested in working on an actual XDP
test suite of some kind, would you? Like a set of "compliance tests"
that lives in-tree and that any driver author can run to test their
driver's XDP implementation?

> I'll file a bugzilla.

Great!

-Toke