Re: Sending A Separate Packet Out The TX Path In XDP

Hey Toke,

That makes sense! I'm going to look into using AF_XDP sockets to achieve this.

As always, thank you for all your help!

On 4/27/2021 3:14 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
Christian Deacon <gamemann@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hey everyone,

I had a quick question. Is it possible to send a packet separate from
the original out of the TX path within an XDP program? I would imagine
this isn't possible, but I just wanted to make sure.
Not from within XDP, no...

If this isn't possible within the XDP program itself, is it possible to
do this with AF_XDP sockets or can AF_XDP sockets only handle packets
redirected via the fast-path XDP creates? I wasn't sure if I'd need to
make another Linux socket inside of the AF_XDP program in this case to
send a separate packet out.
...but AF_XDP sockets can send whatever you want :)

-Toke