Re: AF_XDP Side Of Project Breaking With XDP-Native

Hey David,

Thank you for your response!

The VM only has one CPU right now. It's possible the cluster has 8 RX queues I'd imagine, but I don't have that information sadly. I executed the same command on another VM I have with two CPUs (not being used for the XDP-native testing):

```

root@Test:~# ethtool -l ens3
Channel parameters for ens3:
Pre-set maximums:
RX:             0
TX:             0
Other:          0
Combined:       8
Current hardware settings:
RX:             0
TX:             0
Other:          0
Combined:       2
```

I did receive this from my hosting provider when asking which NIC driver they use:

```

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We do not pass through the host node's NIC to your VPS.

Because of that, it's not relevant what NIC driver we are using on our host nodes.

Thanks for your patience.

```

To my understanding, if the NIC isn't offloading packets directly to our VPS, wouldn't this destroy the purpose of using XDP-native over XDP-generic/SKB mode for performance in our case? I was under the assumption that was the point of XDP-native. If so, I'm not sure why the program is loading with XDP-native without any issues besides the AF_XDP program.

I will admit I've been wondering what the difference is between `XDP_FLAGS_DRV_MODE` (XDP-native) and `XDP_FLAGS_HW_MODE` since I thought XDP-native was offloading packets from the NIC.

Thank you for the help!