Re: AF_XDP Side Of Project Breaking With XDP-Native

On 5/22/20 10:12 AM, Christian Deacon wrote:
> Hey Jesper,
>

> I apologize for not providing that information before. The driver is
> `virtio_net`. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the NIC driver on the
> cluster is. Once my program's code is confirmed to be correct, I will
> try reaching out to our hosting provider to see if they can provide this
> information if the NIC's driver is the suspected cause to this issue.
>
> ```
>
> root@SEAV21:~/AF_XDP-Test# ethtool -i ens3
> driver: virtio_net
> version: 1.0.0
> firmware-version:
> expansion-rom-version:
> bus-info: 0000:00:03.0
> supports-statistics: yes
> supports-test: no
> supports-eeprom-access: no
> supports-register-dump: no
> supports-priv-flags: no
> ```

Is this a 4-cpu VM or 8 cpu VM?

A previous response had:

root@SEAV21:~/AF_XDP-Test# ethtool -l ens3
Channel parameters for ens3:
Pre-set maximums:
RX:             0
TX:             0
Other:          0
Combined:       8
Current hardware settings:
RX:             0
TX:             0
Other:          0
Combined:       1

The 8 for pre-set max says the nic has 8 queues. If it is a 4-vcpu vm,
then try

ethtool -L ens3 combined 4

which leaves 4 for xdp. If it is an 8 cpu VM I believe you are out of
luck given current requirements.