Re: ethtool isn't showing xdp statistics

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:18:17 +0300
İbrahim Ercan <ibrahim.metu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> and loaded with
> ./ip -force link set dev enp7s0f0 xdp object dropudp.o sec prog
>
> I also realized that after loading xdp code, network go down about 5
> second, Is that normal?
>
> I'm using bridged topology. I don't know it is important or not.
>
> # brctl show
> bridge name     bridge id           STP enabled   interfaces
> br0             8000.00900b3b696c   yes           enp7s0f0   enp7s0f1

I would recommend removing the bridge setup, for isolation the issue,
as this could be the issue.  XDP doesn't cooperate with the bridge
code, and it works on a layer before the bridge.

For the ixgbe driver it does a full link down/up (to reconfigure all
the NIC queues), which is why you likely you see this 5 sec issue, as
you have enabled STP on your bridge.  (Note, replacing an XDP-prog with
another XDP-prog does not require this link down/up).

--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer