Re: XDP for very newbies

On Wed, 5 Jul 2017 21:31:32 +0200 Jean-Philippe Menil <jpmenil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 07/05/2017 09:23 PM, Donatas Abraitis wrote:
> > Yeah, but I cannot find anything useful regarding generic XDP which is
> > a new feature.

> >> Hi Donatas,
> >>
> >> There is tons of stuff already referenced by Quentin:
> >> https://qmonnet.github.io/whirl-offload/2016/09/01/dive-into-bpf/
> >>
> >> It's bpf oriented, but there is a lot of links/docs in the "About XDP"
> >> section.
> >>

> Hi,
>
> Take a look to the blogspot from Jesper:
> http://prototype-kernel.readthedocs.io/en/latest/blogposts/xdp25_eval_generic_xdp_tx.html

Thanks for mentioning this document.

There is a general introduction to XDP here:
 https://prototype-kernel.readthedocs.io/en/latest/networking/XDP/introduction.html

I'm developing some practical examples to get people started using
XDP and eBPF.  I've made an effort to detect common errors and tool
chain setup issues, and give error messages with elaborate hints.

They are placed in my github repo:
 https://github.com/netoptimizer/prototype-kernel
 https://github.com/netoptimizer/prototype-kernel/tree/master/kernel/samples/bpf

The generic XDP feature can be activated with cmdline option
"--skb-mode" in (most of) my examples.

The blacklist example were used in a tutorial session at NetDevConf 2.1:
 http://netdevconf.org/2.1/session.html?gospodarek
 Slides: http://netdevconf.org/2.1/slides/apr7/gospodarek-Netdev2.1-XDP-for-the-Rest-of-Us_Final.pdf
 Video: https://youtu.be/iBkR4gvjxtE?t=2m1s

--