Re: Toy/demo: using ChatGPT to summarize lengthy LKML threads (b4 integration)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 at 14:32, Konstantin Ryabitsev
<konstantin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, the question is -- is this useful at all?

I find the demo intriguing. Useful? Who knows, but the potential is
certainly there.

The summary didn't seem to take Rafael's last (fairly strongly
negative) email into account as much as maybe it should have been (my
first reaction was that maybe Rafael's last email hadn't made it into
the summary, but going back to it I think it was there, just not
nearly as forcefully as Rafael's email read to me).

I personally would find it more intriguing still if it actually
reacted to the code instead of just the discussion, but I suspect
that's still some way away.

IOW - interesting. But hard to tell how useful and how maintainers
would actually end up using it.

Would it be something where when you bring a new developer into a long
discussion, you'd introduce him with a summary of what has gone
before?  I'm not sure what the use cases would be in practice.

           Linus