Re: Introducing bugbot

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 03:23:25PM +0300, Kalle Valo wrote:
> > But here I decided to *not* use bugbot, as I know Kalle sometimes is
> > active in bugzilla -- and thus might hate it, if I re-categorize the bug.
>
> Yeah, for me moving ath11k bugs away from Drivers/network-wireless
> component is not really helpful. And for ath11k I try to look at all
> reported bugs in bugzilla anyway, though just slowly.

Right, I did mean to say that the bot is only limited to Linux/Kernel during
the initial tryout stage. Once I'm more confident that it's not exploding and
mostly doing the right thing, I can enable it for other components.

> While at it, I have some things on my wishlist to make my use of
> bugzilla.kernel.org easier:
>
> * A new state named UNCONFIRMED and have it as the default state for
>   reported bugs. This would help triaging bugs as some of the reports
>   are not valid. In other words only valid bugs would have NEW state.
>   IIRC the Mozilla project did this back in the day.

This is more hairy than it looks, but I'll try to figure out what happened to
the UNCONFIRMED state in our bugzilla.

> * Use P3 as the default priority for the new bugs. I try to keep ath11k
>   bugs in priority order but new reported bugs having P1 always messes
>   up the list always.

Okay, I set the default to P3, which is nicely in the middle.

-K