Re: Introducing bugbot

CCing Kalle (JFYI)

On 03.04.23 23:45, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> 2. Start mailing list threads from pre-triaged bugzilla bugs. This works the
>    opposite way and creates mailing list threads based on bug reports filed in
>    bugzilla. The useful things here are:
>
>    - bugbot only gets triggered on open bugs in Linux/Kernel that have the
>      "bugbot" flag set to "+", which allows pre-triaging a bug before bugbot
>      sends it to the mailing list
> [...]

Are there any policies or best practices on how people should/are
allowed to use this? From what I can see it seems one needs to change
the Product/Component of the bug to start a thread. I wonder if a few
maintainers that are active in bugzilla might be annoyed by this, as
that might break their workflow.

Which puts me in an awkward position when I see regressions reports in
bugzilla and would like to create threads for them. Using bugbot would
be better then the manual forwards I do now, like this one:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/ed31b6fe-e73d-34af-445b-81c5c644d615@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

But here I decided to *not* use bugbot, as I know Kalle sometimes is
active in bugzilla -- and thus might hate it, if I re-categorize the bug.

Ciao, Thorsten