Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 01:09:35PM +0000, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
> Keeping the website up and running requires next to zero human
> time/resources, that's not proper maintenance.

I'm just going to let this one slide -- but so you know, just keeping spam
hidden/deleted on bugzilla.kernel.org takes 5-10 minutes out of my day. Heck,
I even wrote a script for this:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mricon/korg-helpers.git/tree/bugzilla-junker.py

> The components/subsystems/developers haven't been updated in over a decade
> which results in a bug tracker which is nearly useless.

Nobody's asked, and it's not the job of IT folks to figure out what these
should be.

> People often file bug reports under "Other/Other" and no one is notified of
> anything.  I don't even want to touch on the fact that the  Bugzilla version
> the website is running is terribly outdated.

It's not. We're running 5.1.1. The latest is 5.1.2 (and it breaks in subtle
ways, which is why we're not running it).

Again. This situation is not a tooling problem. It's a "nobody wants to do
this because it's boring and unglamorous" problem.

-K