Re: RFC: building a regression tracking bot for Linux kernel development

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 12:49:25 +0200,
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> On 23.04.21 12:11, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 09:16:40AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >> That can't be all
> >> -----------------
> >>
> >> Of course the world is more complicated than the simple example scenario
> >> above, as the devil is always in the details. The three most obvious
> >> problems the initial ideal scenario left aside:
> >>
> >> * The reporter doesn't specify the #regzb tag at all. Regzbot can't do
> >> anything about it, it sadly won't have visionary power and a AI engine
> >> any time soon. Some human (for a while that often will be me) thus needs
> >> to reply with the tag with a proper reply-to to the report to make
> >> regboz track it.
> >
> > Any specific format/tag we can use to help make this easier?  Or is that
> > just something that you are going to do "by hand" to start with?
>
> For now making sure regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is added to the CCed of
> any replies to regression reports would be a really big help to already
> establish it as central place where they are all visible. Then no human
> or bot needs to monitor hundreds of mailing list to find them -- which
> obviously is doomed to fail and was one of the pain points when I
> tracked regressions manually years ago.

That sounds great.

One thing I still wonder is how to populate the report from distro bug
trackers.  AFAIK, many reports come from there directly or
indirectly.

Can regzbot can have a reference to bug trackers or such?

thanks,

Takashi