Re: RFC: building a regression tracking bot for Linux kernel development

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 09:16:40AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> That's it already. The regression was tracked with:

>  * minimal overhead for the reporter
>  * no additional overhead for the developers – only something they ought
> to do already became more important

For things that are caught by the various automated systems the
deduplication might get annoying - even for the systems with a human in
the loop it's very common for things that the automated systems pick up
to end up getting reported several times over due to things like race
conditions in the reporting process.  We'll have to see how that goes,
it might be possible to automate some of it.