Re: WIP: searching all of lore

Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looking good! I noticed that it doesn't "uniquify" the results. E.g. searching
> for "lists.linux.dev" (just some uncommon wording I could think of) returns
> multiple hits for the same message sent to multiple lists:
>
> https://yhbt.net/lore/all/?q=lists.linux.dev
>
> Is that intentional, or can this be tweaked to show a single result for the
> same message-id?

Not really.  At least for the summary search results, it makes
no sense:

	https://public-inbox.org/meta/20210317181408.9124-1-e@xxxxxxxxx/

The underlying cause that can be seen in
https://yhbt.net/lore/all/20210316102311.182375-1-gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
is the Mailman-added signature for one of the posts.

I've been considering adding a "diff view" to more easily pick
out differences between messages with identical Message-ID with
subtly different content, but it could be expensive for PSGI...
I will probably prototype it in lei, first.