mbox-export-patch, notmuch-export-patch

Hello,

On Fri 31 Jan 2020 at 10:01PM -05, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
> I'd like your opinion on this quick helper script I wrote that uses any
> message-id to grab a full thread from lore.kernel.org and save it as a
> mbox file.
>
> What's more useful, it can also prepare a mbox that you can pass
> straight to git-am:
>
> - it will tally up all "Acked-by", "Reviewed-by" etc trailers and add
>   them to the proper patch headers
> - it will properly sort patches in the series, so you don't have to do
>   it manually

Inspired by some of this functionality, I just uploaded
'mbox-extract-patch' to Debian unstable in the 'mailscripts' package, or
here:

    script: https://git.spwhitton.name/mailscripts/tree/mbox-extract-patch

    docs: https://git.spwhitton.name/mailscripts/tree/mbox-extract-patch.1.pod

It does what get-lore-mbox.py does except without the kernel-specific
functionality, so it might be interesting for people wanting to use a
git-send-email(1)-based workflow for projects whose mailing lists are
not archived on lore.kernel.org.

mailscripts also contains a wrapper, notmuch-extract-patch, for notmuch
users.

--
Sean Whitton