Re: get-lore-mbox: quickly grab full threads from lore

Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:30:42AM -0800, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> > I'd like your opinion on this quick helper script I wrote that uses any
>> > message-id to grab a full thread from lore.kernel.org and save it as a
>> > mbox file.
>>
>> This is very useful, thank you!
>>
>> One question/request: Is there a way for it to only grab a subset of a
>> series?  e.g. Some series contain patches that might end up going
>> through a couple different trees (e.g. DT patches typically take a
>> separate path than drivers) so as a maintainer for one of the
>> subsystems, I might want to only get a subset of the series into an
>> mbox, not the whole thing.
>>
>> IOW, Right now even if I pass a msgid from the middle of the series, it
>> finds the whole series (which is cool!), but what if I want to apply
>> just that single patch?  Or even better, I might want to only apply
>> patches 3-5 and 9 from a 10-patch series.
>>
>> Is this something do-able?
>
> I think for such cases it's easy enough to just edit the .mbx file to
> remove the patches you're not interested in.

Yes, that was my first "solution", but it's not very easy to
automate. :)

If there needs to be a manual step, I prefer 'git am --interactive'.

Anyways, this tool is really great and it's already replacing some of my
homebrew scripts.

Thanks,

Kevin