Re: Explore ideas on workflows improvements with Google Summer of Code mentoring program?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:25 PM Lukas Bulwahn <lukas.bulwahn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 11:07 PM Michael Turquette
> <mturquette@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I added the first entry, "Bidirectionally sync Patchwork patch status
> > with Gmail labels". Stephen Boyd and I use a local solution to
> > coordinate patches in the Linux Clk tree. Our solution requires
> > Patchwork + the Notmuch mail indexer + Gmail/G Suite to work. My
> > proposal is to remove the Notmuch requirements and teach Patchwork to
> > talk directly to Gmail (and vice versa), perhaps via a solution in the
> > cloud, running on a server somewhere, and not dependent on the uptime
> > of my laptop.
> >
> > From my discussions with kernel devs, I believe there is a reasonably
> > sized Venn diagram of people that use both Patchwork for patch
> > tracking as well as Gmail/G Suite for email. Having those two talk
> > might mean that I never have to use the Patchwork web interface again,
> > a big win IMO, and I can just use email.
> >

> Michael, thanks for this first proposal. Would you also be interested
> in mentoring this project idea or should we ask and look for potential
> mentors for this project?

I would be interested in learning more about the duties and
expectations of mentorship. Do you have a link? If it's not too much
work to add to my load then consider me interested.

Best regards,
Mike

--
Michael Turquette