Re: Explore ideas on workflows improvements with Google Summer of Code mentoring program?

Michael Turquette <mturquette@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Lukas,
>
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:06 AM Lukas Bulwahn <lukas.bulwahn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Till Kamppeter and Aveek Basu organize the Google Summer of Code
>> student mentoring program in the name of the Linux Foundation. They
>> have set up a page for project ideas for the Linux Foundation's
>> participation in the linuxfoundation wiki:
>>
>> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/gsoc/google-summer-code-2020
>>
>> I believe many ideas discussed here on this list, e.g., extensions to
>> patchwork, public-inbox, further bots, scripts, etc., are well suited
>> to be prototyped or implemented by students in the GSoC program.
>>
>> If you agree and have some good ideas, please add your ideas to this
>> currently still empty draft page:
>>
>> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/gsoc/2020-gsoc-kernel-workflows
>
> I added the first entry, "Bidirectionally sync Patchwork patch status
> with Gmail labels". Stephen Boyd and I use a local solution to
> coordinate patches in the Linux Clk tree. Our solution requires
> Patchwork + the Notmuch mail indexer + Gmail/G Suite to work. My
> proposal is to remove the Notmuch requirements and teach Patchwork to
> talk directly to Gmail (and vice versa), perhaps via a solution in the
> cloud, running on a server somewhere, and not dependent on the uptime
> of my laptop.

<pw maintainer hat>
Let me know if there's anything you need in the REST API for this. We're
going to cut 2.2 Real Soon Now, which will be your last chance until 3.0
which, given our general velocity, will not be out until late 2020.

Regards,
Daniel