Re: [ANN] wireless-regdb: master-2023-09-01

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 02:23:26PM +0800, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote:
> I'd like to take up maintainership.

Thanks for volunteering! Sorry I didn't get respond sooner, this thread
was buried kinda deep in my inbox so I didn't notice your message right
away.

> As far as I know, I would need to:
>
> 1. Make a clone of the repository on git.kernel.org under my own namespace.
> 2. Generate a key pair and certificate
> 3. Put the certificate into the kernel tree
> 4. Update the docs to point to the new repository and certificate
> 5. Review incoming patches and apply them
> 6. Tag releases timely
>
> I'm not sure if I missed anything.

That's the bulk of it. Most of the time is spend validating proposed
changes against the government documents. There's also maintaining the
tools to build the database and moderating the mailing list, but neither
of those are much effort.

Johannes will be the one who needs to accept your key into the kernel,
so we should wait for a +1 from him at least before we really get the
ball rolling.

Thanks,
Seth