Implementing use of sphinx under wamp

I followed the instructions on this webpage relating to installing sphinx search engine/provider on my windows 7 64 bit machine, and while it didn't seem to want to start the windows service afterwards, I could generate indexes, etc. from the mySQL database, and could start up the sphinx engine from a console/command line window.

But, either I am missing it on that page/site, or they don't mention anything like a sphinx extension implementation under wamp?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA