Re: Re: What could the intention be of someone using "\0" in comparison be?

But what does "\0" mean, and where is it documented? In this context, it clearly means zero, but not false, so the intention is to check for the presence of the tested string.

It seems that the backslash means to treat as a literal zero character, which then gets treated as a "true" zero value, rather than a false. I get PHP's dynamic typing, but this seems a bit tortuous, and I would always use your idiom ( !== false) whic is much more the PHP way.

  Toby