Re: phpinfo() not finding intl and mbstring

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Wendell P <wendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With PHP 5.5.6 VC11 x64 Non Thread Safe:
>
> I unpacked the distribution on my machine, keeping the default file
> structure but also installing a PECL extension in \ext. Running from the
> CLI, everything seems to be working. However, phpinfo() indicates that
> the intl and mbstring extensions are not loaded. Also, "php -i" says
> they are not loaded but "php -m" says that they are. I tested functions
> from both extensions and they are working.
>
> Looking online, it seems this problem has existed for several years.
> People look at phpinfo() and think that mbstring and intl aren't loaded.
> The Linux distribution doesn't display this problem.

There is no bug here but surely a configuration issue.

Double checks which php.ini are loaded, with apache (or any other
SAPI/server you use), CLI or the embedded webserver.

I do not see a valid reason why "php -m" or "php -i" would show
different loaded modules as both will use the same ini. Please check
if you do not have many php installs, could be a possible source of
troubles.

Cheers,
--
Pierre