Re: Pear problem with graphiz library

Hi Matt,

coments inline.

> Hi folks,
>
> i have a problem with graphviz library, i have installed pear and tested it
> correctly folowing the guidelines on the official website, also i ensured i
> had all the include path setted properly.Although i encountered theese
> errors when i try to run graphiz example
>

> Here the code i try to execute :
>
>  <?php
> require_once 'Image/GraphViz.php';
>
> $gv = new Image_GraphViz();
> $gv->addEdge(array('wake up'        => 'visit bathroom'));
> $gv->addEdge(array('visit bathroom' => 'make coffee'));
> $gv->image();
> ?>
>
> Here the errors :
> *Strict Standards*: Non-static method System::mktemp() should not be called
> statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in *
> pear\Image\GraphViz.php* on line *1005*
>
> *Strict Standards*: Non-static method System::_parseArgs() should not be
> called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in *
> pear\System.php* on line *393*
>
> *Strict Standards*: Non-static method Console_Getopt::getopt2() should not
> be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in *
> pear\System.php* on line *84*
>
> *Strict Standards*: Non-static method Console_Getopt::doGetopt() should not
> be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in *
> pear\Console\Getopt.php* on line *75*
>
> *Fatal error*: Class 'PEAR' not found in *\pear\Console\Getopt.php* on line
> *109*

I can't reproduce this (the fatal error), so I would guess there is a
problem with your Pear installation.

> I have followed theese instruction correctly and i can see the bool(true)
> message, so i can't figure out why it complain about missing PEAR class
> (the filePera.php is in under /pear directory)

Hopefully you mean PEAR.php. It should be in the same directory as the
System.php ("pear config-get php_dir" will tell you which one) mentioned
in the checking your installation instructions. So:

<?php
require_once 'PEAR.php';
var_dump(class_exists('PEAR', false));
?>

should also give the bool(true) message.

> this is the guidelines i have followed to set up pear :
> http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.checking.php
>

> Do you have any ideas about solving the problem?Thank you in advance,

Make sure your PEAR is up to date "pear upgrade", if that doesn't fix it
consider cleaning out and reinstalling PEAR.

The strict errors are only too easy to reproduce ;-) PEAR and many of
its packages are not strict compliant on PHP 5.3 and later.
According to http://pear.php.net/manual/en/rfc.estrict-compatibility.solution.php
only NEW packages (after 2007) need to run on PHP 5.1.4 without
producing strict warnings.

Personally, I "fix" the PEAR files that I have to use to make them as
E_STRICT compliant as possible. Most of them only need 'static' added to
certain class method definitions.

--
Niel Archer