Re: Page refusing to render when published up to actual linux hosting machine..?

Found issue now by copying and pasting little bits of source into/out of page, and it's a _small_ thing that barely makes sense - but sort of does to a certain extent in that it worked on my local machine but not on linux box.

If interested at all, and if makes much sense at all, after pulling either the parent's description, or the currently editing item from the database, I was assigning it's value to a variable to be made use of lower down in page using following code:
$sContent = strval($res->fetch_assoc()["v_text"]);

But, that was causing the issue, since the following 2 lines work quite happily instead:
$row = $res->fetch_assoc();
$sContent = strval($row["v_text"]);

Effectively, it had something to do with implementation of mysql(i) objects/interface on windows machine handled the sort of dynamic/on-the-fly calling/assignation to an array/collection of a virtual object, by just calling fetch_assoc() from the data result set, and immediately then retrieving one of it's values from it by referring to the "v_item" key in the resultant array, and that seemed to cause whole rendering of page to lock up, whereas when in second version, I did a manual object/array assignation to the $row object, and then retrieved the "v_item" key value, it now works fine, on both the add and edit pages.

One of those slightly irritating things will have to make a note of, and remember for future things, but, anyway...(breathes a sigh of relief after like a whole day's worth of time sort of wasted on this...LOL!)

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>