Re: Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

Looks like I resolved my own problem.  I'd manually configured Apache's
httpd.conf file and misspelled the PHPIniDir.  Oddly, PHP didn't complain
and Apache started without error, even with the misconfiguration.  Working
now.  Thanks.

-Cameron