Re: [PHP-DEV] Windows builds

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Philip Olson <philip@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And this is a call for someone or some people to do the work by raising a hand, posting an RFC, writing code, whatever it takes. But I think people assume either it's going to eventually happen, or that php.net is happy with the current situation. In other words, we need an official progress report and position on the manner. Thoughts?

There is an official report and that's phpize support being almost
complete, that finally two persons seem to be willing to help with the
web frontend parts of the job. Wiki sections with the progress will
follow as well. So please do not interfere with that as it could be
finally take off and the last we need is even more confusions and
politics. Once it is place, I will make the change in the docs
accordingly.

But about linking some random, uncontrolled and especially ones
provided by the initial poster in this thread in our documentation is
an absolute no go. The reasons are numerous and quite obvious if you
have followed the archives.

Cheers,
--
Pierre