Re: Using .Net assemblies with PHP

On 5/17/2011 11:42 AM, Trevor wrote:
Just in case anyone else needs to do this, I just spent a frustrating
week figuring out how to make an assembly I created with
PowerBuilder.Net work with PHP. The dotnet class in PHP doesn't work
very well, and has apparently been abandoned. I ended up using this
instead: http://universalccw.sourceforge.net/

It's finally working great, and I am very happy. (The library also, of
course, works with the regular Microsoft assemblies.)

OK, I've actually run into a problem. What I described above was working fine on our test server, running Windows Server 2003 R2. I'm now trying to get it to work on our production server, running Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit. I'm using Apache (from Xampp) as the web server.

After a lot of trial and error, I got the UniversalCCW part working, but I'm having a hard time with the actual assembly. I get the following error:

1 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message 'Source: mscorlib Description: Could not load file or assembly 'uucrypto, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d3356e74613fd6c5' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.' in test.php:21 Stack trace: #0 test.php(21): com->New_Object('test', 'uucrypto, Versi...', 'uu.uucrypto') #1 {main} thrown in test.php on line 21

I tried using the assembly from the commandline, with a little program I made using C#, and it worked as long as the assembly was in the same folder.

So what do I need to do in order to make PHP find it? I've tried putting it in the PHP folder, as well as another folder in the system path (which I verified with phpinfo()).

Thanks,
Trevor