Re: [PHP-WIN] Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9‏

2011/4/21 Andres Herrera <herreraaandres@xxxxxxxx>:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been tasked to create Production ready builds of
> PHP 5.2.17 and PHP 5.3.6 to run on IIS 7.0 web servers.

Our builds are production ready. Why do you want to build them again
on your own?

> The
> StepByStepBuild wiki instructions were perfect, I was able to get a PHP
> 5.3.6 build in no time at all. However, not having VC6, I was forced to
> use VC9 to compile 5.2.17. I basically followed the same instructions
> for building PHP 5.3.6 just used different source. The build was
> successful, however I have to question what possible issues I've
> introduced using VC9 and Windows SDK 6.1 instead of using VC6 and
> Platform SDK 2003.

5.2 does not support VC9 and we won't change anything to make it work
with VC9. PHP 5.2 is also not supported anymore.

> What
>  do you all suggest, is PHP 5.2.17 built using VC9 with Windows SDK 6.1
> Production quality? Or should I find a way to get a copy of VC6?

Use our builds for both 5.2 and 5.3 would be much easier for you, as
well as using only 5.3. But I suppose the later is not option for you.

Cheers,
--
Pierre