Building PHP 5.2.X on VC9‏

Hello all,

I've been tasked to create Production ready builds of
PHP 5.2.17 and PHP 5.3.6 to run on IIS 7.0 web servers. The
StepByStepBuild wiki instructions were perfect, I was able to get a PHP
5.3.6 build in no time at all. However, not having VC6, I was forced to
use VC9 to compile 5.2.17. I basically followed the same instructions
for building PHP 5.3.6 just used different source. The build was
successful, however I have to question what possible issues I've
introduced using VC9 and Windows SDK 6.1 instead of using VC6 and
Platform SDK 2003.

The windows compiler wiki
 shows that VC9 for 5.2.x is not officially supported but known to work.
 This comment makes me hesitant to deploy this build to a Production
environment. I looked around the MSDN and found that Microsoft no longer
 supports VC6 and can no longer be downloaded via their site. Is there
any way to obtain VC6 anymore??  I can't use the PHP pre build binaries
because we want to have the ability to customize the code base.

What
 do you all suggest, is PHP 5.2.17 built using VC9 with Windows SDK 6.1
Production quality? Or should I find a way to get a copy of VC6?

Thank you,

Andres Herrera