Re: Apache error caused by PHP aspell

Does the official version of Apache support FastCGI? If so, can you
use official Apache (VC6) with VC9 PHP?

Along the lines of IIS->FastCGI->PHP(nts)

No, do not use the ASF builds with VC9, the ASF builds are VC6. That is what the notes on the PHP Windows download page are quite specific about. You'll run into issues.

Looks like you may be referring to the ASF (Apache Software Foundation: http://httpd.apache.org/) as the *official* version. And rightly so. However, from what I understand so far is that the Apache Lounge web site (http://www.apachelounge.com/download/) is built differently, using a later/newer compiler, and is much more focused on the Windows platform and binaries than the ASF site itself. Read the top paragraph on the download page link provided there to see what I mean.

Then you referred to IIS ... that's a whole different http server. However, the FastCGI ASF module for Apache 2.2.x is also available on the Apache Lounge web site.