RE: speed of require/include

Or use Wincache. That's what we are using. Runs like a champ.

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

-----Original Message-----
From: Tac Tacelosky [mailto:tacman@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 4:05 PM
To: Tommy Pham
Cc: php-windows
Subject: Re:  speed of require/include

If you have the RAM, install php_apc -- once the scripts are included
once, the tokenized php will be cached in memory, can be a significant
performance boost.

We also use it for "global" variables that don't change across scripts,
such as state and country names.  Great tool, I wish it were built into
PHP instead of a pecl module.

Tac

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Tommy Pham <tommyhp2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I think this question is general PHP but because I'm using Windows for

> development at the moment and was wondering if it's related to
Windows.
> Does the speed of require/require_once/include/include_once depends on

> disk activity, buffers (disks, controller, Windows)?  I can't seem to
> get steady time from xdebug profile...  it varies from 27ms to 170ms
> on one of my scripts while another script in the same framework with
> less require/include always have a steady ~6.5ms (the previous has 30
> requires/includes and the latter has 8 requires/includes).  I only
> have the skeleton of the framework for my project (no DB access, no
> fancy html/xml output).  I'm running PHP
> 5.3.3 FastCGI on Windows 2008 R2 x64 w/ 4GB RAM.  SATA RAID controller

> is 3ware 9650se.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Tommy
>

> --

Please note my new phone number: (202) 656-7822

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential or otherwise privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message or that arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version from the sender.

www.pridedallas.com