speed of require/include

Hi everyone,

I think this question is general PHP but because I'm using Windows for
development at the moment and was wondering if it's related to Windows.
Does the speed of require/require_once/include/include_once depends on disk
activity, buffers (disks, controller, Windows)?  I can't seem to get steady
time from xdebug profile...  it varies from 27ms to 170ms on one of my
scripts while another script in the same framework with less require/include
always have a steady ~6.5ms (the previous has 30 requires/includes and the
latter has 8 requires/includes).  I only have the skeleton of the framework
for my project (no DB access, no fancy html/xml output).  I'm running PHP
5.3.3 FastCGI on Windows 2008 R2 x64 w/ 4GB RAM.  SATA RAID controller is
3ware 9650se.

Thanks for your time,
Tommy