Re: where is php-cgi.exe?

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Steve Richter <stephenrichter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to run php on windows7 within IIS.  This MSFT document
> http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/246/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis-7/
> has a step for adding module mapping to IIS for PHP. It says the
> executable should be "php-cgi.exe".  I downloaded and installed the
> php windows binary ( x86, VC9 ) from the php site. The installer
> loaded php in \program files\php.  But there is no php-cgi.exe on my
> system.  Should it be there? If not, how do I config IIS7 for PHP
> otherwise?  ( one mistake I know I made is to download the threadsafe
> version. The windows config doc says the non threadsafe version runs
> faster. )

It runs better more than faster. It is also totally useless to have a
thread safe php with php-cgi (given the way fastcgi works). You need
to fetch the VC9 builds for better support (and more extensions
available).

You can use the MSI to install it if you already have IIS installed.
Very easy. If you have nothing on your machine, the webpi may be an
easier solution http://www.microsoft.com/web/

Cheers,
--
Pierre