Re: Still got issue with 'odbc' user

Hi Jacob,

Jacob wrote:
> Still getting the following error although now created a specific user
> that granted all privileges to for the specific database, using PHPMyAdmin,
> and the error returned is still the following:
> (Problem: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I bet the MySQL connection fails because of uninitialized variables, otherwise you'd see your passed username in the error message ('root'@'localhost') instead of ODBC.
Could you try the following instead to connect to MySQL:
[CODE]
$dbServer = "localhost";
$dbUser = "root";
$dbPass = "root";
$dbName = "YOURDB";

$conn = mysql_connect($dbServer, $dbUser, $dbPass);
if ($conn){
  $res = mysql_select_db($dbName);
  if ($res){
    print "Connection established";
  } else {
    print "Selecting db failed";
  }
} else {
  print "Connection failed with ".mysql_error();
}
[/CODE]

Could you give us some more info about your file structure of your web? Especially, where are the $my... variables initialized used in the mysql_connect() call?

Best regards,

Sascha
--
Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards,