Re: Re: [PHP-DB] Need Simple PHP mysql search engine script

At 02:01 AM 24/05/2010, you wrote:
Hi Chaitanya,

I have used the below script but its not meeting my requirements. What I
need is that I have a database in which their are names which I wanted to
use as keywords. I want to  search with only one variable called Names. the
other stuff will come along with it. Please help me if anyone knows a good
script for it.

PS: I have tried my own script and a number of scripts available on the net
but it didn't worked as per my requirements.

Best,
Guru.

I have a similar requirement. The site I am working on is totally dynamic,
even the HTML statements, so search engines that search only text in
web pages will not work. Right now you can look at data only if you
know the botanical name and there is no real search engine.

I hope to eventually be able to allow users to search by common names,
countries of origin and other fields in at least one MySQL table and
perhaps multiple tables.

I will be interested in what comments follow from others. I have looked at
various packages on the net but have been working on other aspects of
building the site for now. Some of the setup procedures look fairly complex.

Bill Mudry