RE: Windows binaries

The problem with FastCGI breaking certain apps is with IIS.  I’ve always use PHP with Apache as module for both Windows and FreeBSD.  I’ll see if it works for FastCGI with Apache on Windows.  You can get to login screen (configured as cookie), but after a long while, I receive HTTP500 error.  The same config works fine with phpbb, phppgadmin.  The phpmyadmin version that I’m trying to get work is 3.3.1, although I have similar problems with previous versions of phpmyadmin when FastCGI came out even though I didn’t try to troubleshoot it since it wasn’t important at that time.

Regards,

Tommy

From: Ferenc Kovacs [mailto:tyra3l@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 7:42 AM
To: Tommy Pham
Cc: Todd Oberly; php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Windows binaries

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Tommy Pham <tommyhp2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

<snip>

> The warning is legitimate, and I will be reporting it to the vendor
> (and also fixing it myself, as it looks very simple)...but these errors
> seem to have started upon installing FastCGI.  Unless the difference
> was moving from PHP 5.2.12 -> 5.2.13 ?  I could be wrong.  The
> situation is under control, so this just an inquiry rather than a
> complaint.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Todd

The problem is not so much as PHP version upgrade but rather ISAPI > FastCGI.  Another example of broken app is phpmyadmin.  Works fine with ISAPI configuration but breaks with FastCGI.

I don't think so, if the error is present just doesn't displayed in the old configuration but it does in the new, then I think this is a configuration issue, and not a SAPI one.

btw: which phpmyadmin version are you using? I did heard of that kind of report, but last weekend, when I was playing with a windows + apache + fastcgi + php devel environment I successfuly installed the latest phpmyadmin without running in any issue.
what are the symptoms, maybe they are IIS only?

Tyrael

Regards,
Tommy