Re: Windows binaries

hi,

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Todd Oberly <taoberly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know why there isn't a VC9-compiled binary for PHP 5.2.13 ?  The PHP application I'm using isn't currently compatible with PHP 5.3.x, so I need a 5.2 build, but it will also be running in IIS 6.  What is my best option?  Use the VC6 x86 Thread Safe build of 5.2.13, use the older VC9 x86 Thread Safe build of 5.2.12, or use something else?  (BTW, what is the difference between the Windows binaries at www.php.net vs. the binaries from windows.php.net ? GCC builds vs. VS?)  Do the security fixes in 5.2.13 always win out over stability?

5.2.13 is stable. The compiler version used to build PHP is not
important when PHP is run via FastCGI (which is the case for IIS).It
also does not need threas safety, that means that you should download
the NTS versions (5.2.13 NTS).

There are no difference between www.php.net and windows.php.net
binaries. PHP 5.3 and later will be available only via windows.php.net
(easier to add more versions, document, etc.).

The installer supports IIS6, you can use it to install PHP on your IIS
servers. Or use the web platform installer which is a wrapper around
our installer.

Cheers,
--
Pierre