From: Todd Oberly [mailto:taoberly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 6:06 PM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Windows binaries

Hi,

Does anyone know why there isn't a VC9-compiled binary for PHP 5.2.13 ?  The PHP application I'm using isn't currently compatible with PHP 5.3.x, so I need a 5.2 build, but it will also be running in IIS 6.  What is my best option?  Use the VC6 x86 Thread Safe build of 5.2.13, use the older VC9 x86 Thread Safe build of 5.2.12, or use something else?  (BTW, what is the difference between the Windows binaries at www.php.net vs. the binaries from windows.php.net ? GCC builds vs. VS?)  Do the security fixes in 5.2.13 always win out over stability?

(This feels like an FAQ, but I couldn't find anybody else asking the same question...)

Thanks for your insights!

Todd