Re: PHP info can't find MySql with IIS web server

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Steve Ricketts <velocedge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Funny you should mention Zend.  I was looking through the posts and found a
> reference to it.  I installed it but ran into an error right off the bat. So
> I signed up for the Zend forums and posted my problem there.
>
> I had copied libmysql.dll to windows\system32 but that didn't seem to help.
> So I uninstalled php and then installed the Zend server.   Now when I run my
> phpinfo(), I get the fastcgi error and if I try to open localhost/ZendServer
> I get a 404 error from Apache... not sure why I have Apache now since I'm
> using IIS.   Getting more and more confused all the time!  ;-)

I would suggest to simply uninstall what you have used so far and
install PHP using the Web platform installer (as you use IIS). It will
install everything you need in one go and relies on windows.php.net
binaries (it uses our installer but passes the right options
directly). You can fetch it here http://www.microsoft.com/web/

Cheers,
--
Pierre