Re: PHP 5.2.11, Windows Vista and php_mbstring.dll

Elizabeth M Smith wrote:

> Magnus Anderson wrote:
>>

>> Elizabeth M Smith wrote:
>>> Turn display startup errors on to see why modules won't load
>>>
>>> Mbstring has an additional extension requirement - you MUST MUST enable
>>> php_exif.dll before you enable mbstring
>>>
>>> I swear this was in the docs at one point, wonder when it was removed
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Elizabeth Smith
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> I have now moved the loading around in the php.ini file to this:
>> [PHP_EXIF]
>> extension=php_exif.dll
>> [PHP_MBSTRING]
>> extension=php_mbstring.dll
>>
>> I have also made these changes:
>> display_errors = On
>> display_startup_errors = On
>> log_errors = 	On
>> error_log="C:\Windows\temp\php-errors.log"
>>
>> But I still only get an error like this:
>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in
>> <snip>/info.php
>> on line 66
>>
>> "php -m" does not report any more modules than before that gets loaded
>> and
>> php-error.log is empty.
>>
>> An output of "phpinfo();" does not reveal anything helpful either.
>>
>> It seems like most of the other modules are loading, but just not
>> php_mbstring.dll for some reason.
>
> Hmmm - you sure it's getting the right ini file loaded? what file does
> phpinfo tell you it's loading?  do other changes made to the ini get
> processed?
>
> Thanks,
> Elizabeth Smith
>
> --

It seems like it does not even read the php.ini file that I have set it to
use.
phpinfo() sais the same thing
Configuration File (php.ini) Path: C:\Windows
Loaded Configuration File:         C:\Program Files\PHP\php.ini
Scan for additional .ini files in: (none)
Additional .ini files parsed:      (none)

But if I comment out all the rows of the modules it still loads all of them.
Something is very strange here.