Re: PHP 5.2.11, Windows Vista and php_mbstring.dll

Elizabeth M Smith wrote:

> Turn display startup errors on to see why modules won't load
>
> Mbstring has an additional extension requirement - you MUST MUST enable
> php_exif.dll before you enable mbstring
>
> I swear this was in the docs at one point, wonder when it was removed
>
> Thanks,
> Elizabeth Smith
>
> --

I have now moved the loading around in the php.ini file to this:
[PHP_EXIF]
extension=php_exif.dll
[PHP_MBSTRING]
extension=php_mbstring.dll

I have also made these changes:
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On
log_errors = 	On
error_log="C:\Windows\temp\php-errors.log"

But I still only get an error like this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in <snip>/info.php
on line 66

"php -m" does not report any more modules than before that gets loaded and
php-error.log is empty.

An output of "phpinfo();" does not reveal anything helpful either.

It seems like most of the other modules are loading, but just not
php_mbstring.dll for some reason.