Re: [PHP-DOC] Re: [DOC-BUGS] #49547 [NEW]: Errors in the phd --help text

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:06, Richard Quadling
<rquadling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/9/14 mike at silverorange dot com <doc-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> 1. The --color option says it is off by default, but it was on by default
>> for me.
>

> In my testing, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008, by default,
> have no support for coloured console output (along the lines of the
> old-style ANSI.SYS for MS-DOS).
>
> I use a program called ANSICON.EXE from Jason Hood (his site is
> currently offline [1]). Full source is available when the site is up.
>
> By use of a registry entry ...

I'm not comfortable editing the registry settings when installing PhD
(doubt its even possible using the PEAR installer).
If someone knows a simple way to enable colors on Windows I'm game for it.

His bugreport is however correct, colors are enabled by default on
*nix, I however forgot to update the help text (like he said) when I
changed the defaults :)

-Hannes