Re: Re: php_enchant not loadable

2009/8/25 Michael Tacelosky <tacman@xxxxxxxxx>:
> No, that's the problem, I don't want to install the compiler and such.
>  I keep hoping that http://pecl4win.php.net/ will come back, it was a
> great resource.
>
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:42 AM, Richard
> Quadling<rquadling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2009/8/24 Rene Bartholomay <rene.bartholomay@xxxxxx>:
>>> i can´t believe that i am the only one person who needs this. Please send me
>>> a Mail when somebody has run this combination whithout the described
>>> errors...
>>>
>>> So i go back to PHP 5.2.x  - PHP 5.3 is unusable for me...
>>>
>>> really disappointed...
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> Have you tried building the external libraries?
>>

>> --
>> -----
>> Richard Quadling
>> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
>> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
>> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
>> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling
>>
>> --

Now that VC9 is the official MS compiler version, you still have TS vs
NTS. You also need HEAD/PHP53/PHP52. So for the current 227 extensions
in pecl, that results in a 1,362 builds. Now, if other compilers ARE
needed (older Apache must have VC6), then that double to 2,724. Oh. I
forgot x64, so 5,448 builds.

That's a LOT of processing. In addition, there may be branches within
the extension itself.

No matter how you look at it, there is a lot of work to do.

Got some time to help out? :-)

--
-----
Richard Quadling