Re: php_enchant not loadable

Niel Archer wrote:
Hi there,

i switch to PHP5.3 and now PSPELL is no more working. I read the docu and found that i must use PHP_Enchant from now.

But everytime i try to use is PHP gets an error:

"Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_enchant.dll' - The specified module could not be found"

All other extension are loaded. The extension is in the defined extension-dir and the settings in php.ini are ok.

Where did you get the extension file?  The enchant extension is not
supplied with PHP 5.3. It is available from PECL according to its
documentation, but as no windows versions of these extensions have been
available since PHP 5.2.7 or so. Any version you have is probably
incorrect unless you compiled it yourself.

I run PHP on Windows XP Prof...   Any ideas?

Bye..

Niel Archer

Actually that is incorrect - enchant is available for PHP 5.3 on windows
but ONLY for the version compiled with VC9 - it is NOT available and cannot be used with VC6 (and so mod_php with apache)

there is a libenchant.dll included in the distribution that PHP must be able to find - easy way to do this is to put your PHP folder in your windows PATH

Thanks,
Elizabeth Smith