Re: Retrieving URL of webpage etc.

Ok.

Now got it working with the following two bits of script:
if ($_POST['btnDel'] == "Multiple deletion")
{
// perform multiple delete first
foreach ($_POST as $formField)
checkField($formField);

} // end of delete button pressed

and above that (seems to only see function if located above the call to it):
function checkField($field)
{
$start = substr($field, 0, 5);
if ($start == "doDel")
{
$id = substr($field,5,strLen($field) - 5);
$sql = "delete from article where ID = " . $id . ";";
$result = mysql_query($sql);
} // end of if doDel in string
} // end of function

The checkboxes are generated with the following line of script/code:
echo "<input type='checkbox' name='doDel" . $row['id'] . "' value='doDel" . $row['id'] . "' />";

I initially tried just using either strpos() or stripos() functions to check if the substring doDel was there, but for some reason it never returned a result of false no matter what was in the form field's value, so switched over to the instance of substr() as above.

Will also just now add on some javascript to make the user confirm that they do in fact want to delete selected records, but anyway...

Thanks for giving me the right ideas with regard to what route to follow, and I'll just also say that obviously I need to carry on with this stuff a bit since your examples mostly seemed a bit strange to me with regard to just including variables etc. inside the string values to be used, which is why I instead just used what I reckon is a simpler syntax as such.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA