Perplexing crash with 5.2.9+ php5ts.dll

Hello all,

I've been battling with a crash on a somewhat-fresh XP SP3 under Apache 2.2.11
and any version of PHP higher than 5.2.8.  The problem *appears* to be with
php5ts.dll.  Here's what I'm getting in my httpd error log:

[notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.

There are no errors (startup or otherwise) for PHP.

I installed 5.2.10 from the .msi with the following extensions: bzip2, cURL,
GD2, IMAP, MB String, MySQL, MySQLi, OpenSSL, PDO (and Mysql driver), SOAP,
Sockets, XML-RPC, XSL & zip.

The crash occurs when trying to log into Drupal.  I can get my login page, but
my Apache crashes when loading the main page.  So far I haven't been able to
isolate WHERE in the code it's crashing, but I can do more digging if
necessary.  It's crashing under both PHP 5.2.9 and 5.2.10.

I first assumed it was a extension problem, so I commented out extensions, one
at a time, until I could successfully log in.  When cURL wasn't loaded, the
whole site works great.  I found this odd since it works fine under 5.2.8 on my
laptop with cURL enabled.  I'm not aware of any code in my Drupal install that
uses cURL but I did a quick test and was able to fetch a web page with cURL,
furthering the mystery.

That led me to think it may have something to do with the SSL libs, so I tried
0.9.8i, j & k, with no success.  I made sure the same version was used for both
Apache and PHP; no difference.

I also used Process Explorer to verify that the right DLLs are being loaded as
I'd read elsewhere about the SSL or MySQL libs needing to be either in my PATH,
/windows/system32, or apache/bin.  Regardless of where they were located, they
loaded fine.

So copied my PHP dir from the laptop over and bounced Apache; Bingo!everything
woke up beautifully.  That led me to swap out DLLs from the laptop's 5.2.8 with
the 5.2.10 install.  The only DLL that made a difference was php5ts.dll.
5.2.8's php5ts works great, 5.2.10's php5ts crashes.

I'm hesitant to submit a bug since 90% of the bugs I've seen are dupes or
mis-configurations, but I also haven't found anyone else experiencing this
issue with recent builds.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brad Waite