Re: where is php5isapi in the distribution package ?

2009/7/6 loki <loki5100-newsgroup@xxxxxxxx>:
> But what is FastCGI and how to use FastCGI ? why php5isapi is not anymore
> maintained ?
>
> thanks again
> stéphane
>

> ""Sascha Meyer"" <harlequin2@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi Stéphane,
>>

>>> Why i can not find php5isapi.dll in the distribution package of PHP 5.3 ?
>>>
>>> Thanks you by advance
>>
>> I just checked the archives at windows.php.net and you are perfectly
>> right, there is no php5isapi.dll available in this build.
>>
>> PHP5Isapi has been removed in PHP 5.3 because it was no longer maintained;
>> Use FastCGI instead.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sascha
>>

>> --
>> GRATIS für alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
>> Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01
>

> --

I recently moved from Sambar+ISAPI to IIS7+FastCGI.

I have to say I'm impressed. The ease of getting PHP running on IIS
(and I did it manually as I wanted to know what was going on) was
considerable.

FastCGI is another SAPI (along with CLI, CGI, etc.) FastCGI is an
evolution of CGI [1].

The web server are you using will dictate the capabilities of FastCGI.

Regards,

Richard.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastcgi
--