Re: is ZendStudio IDE necessary????

Hi Ravi,
> I have Arachnophilia(IDE) and i can write php script using it.Is it necessary to install ZendStudio-7.0.0-BETA(IDE) to write php script?

My two cents to your question:

It just depends on your programming experience with PHP, the complexity of the project(s) you work on, the necessity of debugging possibilities, the abstraction grade of your project (i.e. if you are using OOP with the use of classes, interfaces, abstraction, inheritance) and some more factors.

This would be my suggested approach:

* if you are used to use PHP and are skilled, things like notepad, notepad++, PSPad and the like are enough for smaller projects. They are quickly installed, don't need project setups, but miss most of the real IDE's functions. * if you are skilled and use PHP on a higher level with bigger projects, I would suggest using Zend Studio (or the also eclipse-based PDT, which is not commercial). Both provide good tools to organize and document code, have auto-completion for classes, functions, variables; they support remote debugging on debuggable servers with xdebug or Zend debugger on the server side; and a lot more * if you are not used to PHP and you mainly have to take care of design, some commercial WYSIWYG tools like Dreamweaver would be better, because they include complete script packages (i.e. user authentication, recordset pagination and so on) - this approach would be more frontend-oriented, because they are based on visual components.

Give us some more info on your background and experience for a better suggestion.

Regards,

Sascha